New Year, new you! Six questions to consider when it comes to personal insurance this year
January 16, 2019
For many individuals, the start of a new year is a popular time for reflection and goal setting. As you examine what you’ve done and what you want to accomplish in the coming year, it’s important to also review your insurance needs. Ensuring you have the right coverage for your lifestyle can help set you up for a successful year ahead.
Below are six questions to keep in mind when examining your personal insurance coverage:
1) Have you gotten married or divorced?
2) Have you had a baby?
3) Did your teenager get a driver’s license?
4) Have you done extensive renovations on your home?
5) Have you acquired any new valuables such as jewelry, electronic equipment, fine art, or antiques?
6) Have you signed a lease on a house or an apartment?
All of these and more may impact the type or amount of personal insurance coverage you need. Be sure to connect with your insurance provider early in the year. They can help to identify where potential gaps in coverage may exist and work with you to ensure you’re covered for the year ahead.