Please log in to access exclusive, member-only content. For more information on becoming a member, please contact us.
The Iowa Insurance Institute is a not-for-profit association comprised of property and casualty insurers. Its purpose is to provide its members information regarding legislative and regulatory developments in Iowa and to monitor and introduce legislation in the property and casualty insurance industry. It has been in existence since the 1950’s.
The Iowa Insurance Institute permits memberships for foreign and domestic insurance companies.
The Institute provides valuable information and lobbying services regarding the Iowa insurance regulatory and legislative scheme. The Institute has achieved significant legislative gains, including:
- Attaining significant reductions in premium tax rates, an action necessary to retain Iowa’s competitive environment for insurance.
- Overturning an administrative rule requiring payment of diminution in value in auto claims situations.
- Working with legislators to pass the Storm Chaser bill, which requires contractors to hand out a form explaining that consumers can cancel a contract if their insurance company decides their policy doesn’t cover the work.
A legislative bulletin and bill tracker is provided to members on a weekly basis during the Iowa legislative session. In the interim, an update on developments is periodically distributed. Issues before the Iowa Insurance Commissioner’s Office and National Association of Insurance Commissioners are monitored. Amicus Curiae briefs are filed in the Iowa courts on legal issues of vital importance to members.
III Member Benefits
- Information and lobbying services regarding the Iowa insurance regulatory and legislative scheme from our experienced government affairs team.
- Regular legislative updates from our government affairs team, including weekly legislative bulletins and bill trackers during the Iowa legislative session.
- An opportunity to meet and network with other property and casualty insurance professionals.
- Option to participate in legislative events, including Insurance Day on the Hill.
III Board of Directors
|Natalie Brunson-Wheeler, State Farm Insurance Companies||Director|
|Dana Chittick, Grinnell Mutual||Director|
|Patrick Faga, Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance of Iowa||Treasurer|
|Winston Morris, Nationwide||Secretary|
|Andrew Noga, GuideOne Mutual Insurance Group||Director|
|Aaron Pearce, Continental Western Group||President|
|Sean Pelletier, EMC Insurance Companies||Director|
|Amber Rutledge, IMT Insurance||Vice President|
|Paul Swinton, Farm Bureau Property & Casualty Insurance Company||Director|